Friday, May 31, 2013

Just say NO to giving out your email address

When trying to save money, I have found that getting the emails from Tiffany's and Coach, do not help my desire to shop.  Let's be real: I am a shopper.  I love shopping.  It could be anywhere; Target, the mall, the outlets, online..... ANYWHERE.  I do find though, that getting the emails telling me what sales are happening and promising free this or that with so and so purchase, make my task of lessening our debt more difficult.  



Don't get me wrong, I don't mind getting the emails and will probably sign up for them again when we are closer to our goal.  But right now, they make me sad.  They make me want to buy things.  Yes I am grown up enough to say no, but it's like that friend that drags you down every time you see her. You may leave that person questioning yourself or feeling inadequate in some way or feeling that your significant other is inadequate in some way....She/He is BAD NEWS.  Walk away.  Walk away quickly.  

That's how I feel about the "Retail Email".  Walk away.  Walk away quickly.  Now, I do know that sometimes there are really good coupons or other deals that come via "Retail Email".  But right now, I have to take the lesser of two evils.  Plus, there are a ton of other places that provide coupons now a days.  I still can't get all of them to quit coming to my mailbox.



So next time someone asks you for your email address, think twice.  Are you in a position to look at them objectively, or is it going to be counterproductive with where you are in your financial journey.  For me, I think I will pass........For now.  :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment