Thursday, May 23, 2013

Week 3 update.....What a week...........

Holy smokes!  What a week this has been! I started the week with a part time job and ended the week with four jobs.  How did that happen, you ask?  Well let me tell you......

I got a full time job in my field that I will begin mid June.  I will be working three, 12 hour, 3rd shifts.  Not the best hours, but it will keep the most amount of money coming in as day care costs will be minimal. {We will only need two days of day care so that I can sleep, the other times my husband can be with the children}.  I was also offered a couple of classes to teach in the evenings at another college.  While these classes will only last 11 weeks, it will be a great way to boost the income coming into the house to pay off some serious debt over the next 2 months.  I am also a part of a direct sales company and have had several opportunities come in over the last week that will continue to make that a lucrative option to bring in extra money too.  Lastly, I was offered a position to do some program evaluations for a few technical colleges.  This will not be a regular gig, but will allow us to bring in some money a few times a year.  Either way, the extra money is really helpful.  Woo hoo!

As many of you may know, we have been selling several things that are just sitting around, with the hopes of paying off some debt.  Well, SUCCESS!  We have brought in almost $1,400 thus far and this has allowed us to pay off a debt that was costing us $600 per month.  I can not even tell you the huge weight that was lifted when I paid that debt on Tuesday of this week.  

This week was tough as far as temptations to spend money is concerned.  We did eat our 4 times; the first time in weeks.  And we did buy t-shirts for Memorial Day as we have a special American Legion event on Monday to attend.  Otherwise, we did a great job keeping our expenses at a minimum.  We continue to stay caught up on our regular bills each week.  It will become more difficult over the next several weeks as my husband's second job is on hiatus during the summer months.  It will pick back up in August, but that will mean an $1,800 deficit for the next 2 and a half months.  Not the end of the world, but definitely an adjustment.

I was in the shopping mood this week also.  I did really well and other than the t-shirts and a lipstick, did not buy anything "extra".  My sister and I did make tutu's for the girls to wear to the Memorial Day festivities as well.  I did not go over my "blow money" budget for this week and in fact have saved some money over the last few weeks.  

We continue to get calls a few last items on our garage sale and plan to put that money towards our debt as well!  

Have a great week and happy budgeting!

Subscribe to my blog and YouTube channel!  

Blog:  www.reddersideofpink.blogspot.com
Instagram: Reddersideofpink
YouTube: Reddersideofpink
Facebook: Redder Side Of Pink
Twitter: @Rsideofpink


1 comment: