Sunday, June 30, 2013

Week 7 Update......

Getting closer.....and closer.......

Well this week has most definitely had its challenges.  I started my new job a week before last but had my first overnight shifts this week.  Holy moly.....My husband has been great with the kids and letting me sleep.  But my house looks like it exploded.....Clothes....dirty dishes...you name it.  

The upside is that I have already gotten my first check.  Yay!  Playing catch up is really nice.  In spite of the "extra" money, we did not shop for any extra stuff or go out to eat a ton.  We did eat out once this week as a family and I had lunch with my sister.  Other than a pedicure, which let me tell you, was necessary (can you say sore, cracked heels?), nothing extra. 

Can I tell you how huge this is for us, for just a moment?  It is really huge.  The hubster and I are both shoppers.  We shop when we are happy, we shop when we are sad, we even shop when we are mad. One HUGE gain for the Smith family.  I think I already said it was huge.  But really....It was huge.

So to give the gory details....Still no money in savings.  This will change next week.  It has to.  We paid off another $321 dollars in debt.  We didn't add any new debt and kept our spending under control.  As tiring as this week has been with the new schedule, it was a satisfying one for sure.  

    
                                      

Subscribe to my blog and YouTube channel!  

Blog:  www.reddersideofpink.blogspot.com
Instagram: Reddersideofpink
YouTube: Redder Side of Pink
Facebook: Redder Side Of Pink
Twitter: @kariannsmith
  

3 comments:

  1. So happy that things are definitely looking upwards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you are doing a great job :) We paid off all of our debt a while back, so I understand how hard it can be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann! The hardest part, which I feel silly saying, is the internal power struggle. When you are used to just buying stuff, there is a "power",real or imagined, in doing so. We need a paradigm shift do that our power resonates with paying off debt instead of buying stuff!

      Delete