Thursday, June 13, 2013

Week 5 Update...

Well, we are in the delayed gratification stage of our debt payoff.  We have worked a ton of hours, sold a bunch of stuff, gotten more jobs and now we wait.  We wait for the money to start coming in from the jobs, the reimbursements to come in from the things that we sold to pay for the trips that made us some extra money and for the new jobs to start.  OH!  But before I forget, I did make $118 dollars this week with my direct sales company.  Yay me!  That was really helpful.


    *Me working in the hotel.  Loved this lap desk by the way.........


It is a bit of a struggle this week.  I have been in a different country and wanted to shop, shop, shop.  But I didn't.  Part of me feels really good about it and another part of me REALLY wishes I could have just bought some stuff.  Not a lot of stuff, but stuff none the less.  *SIGH*  Like I said in the beginning, it is what it is.

Another thing that was a bit different this week was how we handled our food bill.  We did shop a little for necessities {milk, bread, T.P.; Can we please not discuss the catastrophe that happens when we are out of T.P.? Thank you.}; but have been using the stuff that we have to make it through the next several weeks.  We have had 2 of my husband's second job paydays go by now without a paycheck as he is on hiatus for the summer and man does it hurt.  You don't realize how much you depend on that money until it's gone.  

All of that said, we are still in a pretty good place.  Still doing better, not creating any more debt, and looking forward to paying off some in just a couple of weeks.  I think the best thing that's happened in all of this, is that our attitude has changed.  SIGNIFICANTLY.  We are both working on the debt now, neither one of us is in the corner trying to hide from it.  I can not even express in words how much this has changed our relationship and our bank accounts.  It still isn't pretty, but it's definitely headed in the right direction.

We still do not have any money in savings.....Ugh....But maybe by next weeks update I will have better news in this department!  Wish us luck. 

                                 
  *Traveling 31 Style.  I am exhausted, but the outcome will be well worth it. 


Subscribe to my blog and YouTube channel!  

Blog:  www.reddersideofpink.blogspot.com
Instagram: Reddersideofpink
YouTube: Redder Side of Pink
Facebook: Redder Side Of Pink
Twitter: @kariannsmith


3 comments:

  1. Getting finances in order is always such a task, and not a happy one at that. It sounds like you have a really good plan now. Though, we don't have a lot of debt to pay off, we have fixed bills that I continue to try and whittle down. Stopping by for a visit from Make It or Fix It Yourself! Stop by when you get a chance. Always excited to visit a new blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sharon! I stopped by your Facebook page just now. Wow are you creative! I can't wait to browse through and get some ideas. Welcome and glad to meet you.

      Delete
  2. Kari Ann, I just a read something by Jenny Fenig that made me think of you:
    Faith + Action = Riches
    I think you are an example of a person letting your faith lead you into BIG action, and the "riches" are all around you- the financial riches will be soon!! Keep after it! -Lisa

    ReplyDelete