Sunday, June 16, 2013

Week 6 Update......

Well week 6 is over.  Finally....This week has had some added stress with the fires close by our house. We are so fortunate as over 400 homes were lost in this fire alone.  So very sad....

All of that to say, I start my new job tomorrow.  I am happy for that.  FINALLY, I can start bringing in some money.  We have still done really well this week as far as buying extras.  We have only spent money on bills, food and gas.  That is a big step.  I don't think we've gone quite this long without caving in the past.  We are doing well, sticking with our budget too.  Now if we could just get that $1,000 in savings....... Soon.

We are waiting for payment on the odd jobs that we recently took and the money for selling things is no longer coming in.  Once my husband gets back from his business trip, it will be time to set down again and reevaluate priorities.  We still have some catching up to do.  About 4 more weeks and we will be at water level, instead of below.  Can I get an AMEN????


The Cut Up Party Hostess..........


This week too, I pulled all of my department store credit cards out of my wallet and had a cut up party. I was surprised that when I pulled them out, I was actually hesitant.  I know that we have not been disciplined with them and I know that they needed to go.  But, honestly, a part of me struggled to pull them out and cut them up.  That may sound strange.  To have some sort of attachment to my credit cards. I would venture to say that I am not the only one who feels this way.  If I was, we wouldn't have the debt that we do in this country.  Not only do the cards give us some imagined buying power, but they are also almost a status for some people.  I know that in years past, I have thought how "LUCKY" some of my friends were for having as many cards as they did.  WOW.  Now that I have them, I see how easily they can take control of your life.  You get trapped into thinking that you will only use them "once" or "just for this sale" or "just until next payday"......Well, many a payday has rolled around and many a cards have been left with a balance.  NO MORE!!!!!  Here are my before and after shots of my credit cards.  This week, I am going to call and actually cancel them.  But for today, while I had the guts, my scissors and I had a party.  And then a glass of wine.........


                        
Before........

                        

After.....

Subscribe to my blog and YouTube channel!  

Blog:  www.reddersideofpink.blogspot.com
Instagram: Reddersideofpink
YouTube: Kari Ann Smith
Facebook: Redder Side Of Pink
Twitter: @Rsideofpink
       

2 comments:

  1. I got rid of almost all my cards a few years ago. They were seriously putting me in debt instead of helping me. I kept just one that I use in case of emergencies but I still find myself using it when there isn't one. I just can't bring myself to cut it but I definitely need to. Glad you found the strength to do what you do. Wishing you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It isn't/wasn't easy. I still struggle every day. As you can see, we are moving forward but it's slow. Credit cards are the DEVIL! :)

      Delete